OPERATOR-IN-TRAINING Wayne County Commissioners – Job # 255015895
Wayne County Commissioners
April 24, 2023
Do you want to help protect Wayne County’s environment? Do you want to become a Wastewater Operator? Would you like to work for a place that serves the public, has job stability, great benefits, great retirement system and a great team to work with? Would you like to have 11 paid holidays per year, ample sick leave and vacation leave (and unused leave rolls over to the next year)? If so, Wayne County is the place! The Wayne County Commissioners are currently accepting employment applications for the full-time position of Wastewater Operator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Complete daily plant rounds to check meter readings, equipment operation and to ensure operations comply with regulatory guidelines; dispose of biosolids; etc.
- Perform routine preventative maintenance on plant equipment, collection system, including lift stations
- Assist in the maintenance of equipment such as rotating pumps, exercising equipment, evaluating performance, calibrating equipment, etc.
- Assists with the maintenance of facilities by performing general housekeeping, performing grounds maintenance tasks, maintaining safety and security systems, etc. Examples include: pulling weeds, mowing, painting, washing vehicles.
- Meet all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards
- Wastewater License 1 issued by the Ohio EPA will be required to obtain within 1 year.
- CDL with tanker endorsement preferred (or willing to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Mechanical ability; experience with electrical systems, pump repair and computer controls a plus
- Knowledge of: Wastewater Treatment Plant operations, basic electricity, use power and hand tools,
- Sewer camera inspection experience desirable
- Able to: lift 50 lbs.; work in environments that are hot, cold and noisy; walk, stand, stoop, lift, bend and reach; take written and verbal instruction
- Relatable experience such as backflow, plumbing, etc. is preferred.