Materials Manager – Seaman Corporation – Job # 257294198
The Materials Manager will be responsible for maintaining the bill of materials for the manufacture of products within the organization and supporting the execution of customer product requests (QRs).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and builds the BOM (bill of materials) for the organization in all manufacturing operations and locations.
- Raw Material Management including setup new chemical setups (D codes), management of TDS, SDS
- Supports the setup, costing and execution of QR – Quick Responses from the field sales representatives.
- Supports the execution of the MOC (Management of Change) process within the organization.
- Provides manufacturing support (as relates to BOM) to achieve product quality standards.
- Manages the colorants and raw materials required to meet business needs, including but not limited to QRs, alternative pigment suppliers and alternative raw materials.
- Identifies single-sourced raw material situations and supports the process of listing alternates.
- Support trials within the organization to support the business initiatives. Actively update trial documentation and manage through the manufacturing facilities; determine effectiveness of the trial to meet specified goals and objectives and determine appropriate next steps.
- Maintains and improves proficiency of technical skills through training, trade shows, seminars, and raw material vendors activities.
- Supports and conducts root cause investigations and troubleshooting to improve processes and eliminate customer issues.
- Leverages internal/ external testing capabilities and pilots plant capability to solve problems as appropriate.
- Supports all manufacturing operations.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE Experience: bachelor’s degree (technical degree) and requires practical manufacturing experience and utilizing ERP in a manufacturing environment. Experience in PVC formulations, web handling processes and PVC compounding experience a plus COMPUTER SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ) SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES: No TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10% Qualified candidates should apply online at www.seamancorp.com/careers .